Based on feedback from the HWC Custodial Survey, Director of Auxilliary Services, Theresa Cook has responded with a great plan. In an effort to enhance the HWC sustainability mission, effective March 1st the below changes will be implemented for the HWC recycling program.
How does it work?
- All small recycling cans have been removed from individual offices and cubicles
- Large recycling receptacles have been placed within various departments and designated common areas spaces
- Every Wednesday and Friday a project custodian will collect all recycling materials from the various recycling locations
- Clients should continue to bring all large boxes down to the loading dock for recycling
- Large bags of shredded materials can be placed in or near the recycling receptacles (for pickup)
What can be recycled?
- Paper products, magazines and newspaper
- Plastic bottles and containers (empty)
- Aluminum and metal cans (empty)
- Cardboard boxes
- Glass bottles (empty)
What cannot be recycled?
- Tissue paper products
- Food packaging/wrappers
- Styrofoam coffee cups
We are hopeful that these changes will improve service to the clients and increase our recycle numbers.
Employees can collect the items in their offices and bring them to the designated bins when needed.